San Diego Rvrs!

Go Back   San Diego Rvrs! > Forum > Website Related > News
Home Forums Photos Arcade Experience Register Members List Calendar Gameroom [0]

Shoutbox

Welcome to the San Diego Rvrs forums!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free San Diego based community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! As an added benefit, this message will be removed from all pages once you have joined. Great huh?

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
SITM warehouse 6.16.07 DSC05484 W.A.R. SoCal Selectress 9/15

Old 02-13-2016   #1
ApHtErSDR
SDR Admin

Shouts: 651
Gameroom cash: $24050
Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,895 Posts
ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.ApHtErSDR is the master of all that is SDR.
Points: 1,178,231, Level: 100 Points: 1,178,231, Level: 100 Points: 1,178,231, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3% Activity: 14.3%
Sdr still isnt dead

SDR IS ALIVE

Sorry I havent updated recently, many of you know I just moved back to San Diego, and things have been a little crazy for me, which unfortunately caused some neglect on this site.

Promoters, please post your events The calendar is empty and I'd like to showcase some events.

And people that keep posting, .. thanks for keeping this little place going.

--Tony aka ApHtEr

Upcoming gigs | Shows im throwing

SDR's 15th year anniversary... sometime soon... this year im going to do it damnit

SDRavers.net Resident

My Sites
SD Ravers.net

ApHtEr'S Facebook
ApHtErSDR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApHtErSDR For This Useful Post:
Max (02-17-2016)
Old 02-17-2016   #2
Dj Phon
Put a Donk on it!

Shouts: 62
Gameroom cash: $10725
Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.Dj Phon is the master of all that is SDR.
Points: 42,974,959, Level: 100 Points: 42,974,959, Level: 100 Points: 42,974,959, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to Dj Phon
ravical!
Upcoming Events
Hustle w/ Eddie Amador - 4/25/15
Dj Phon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #3
Raisin
Stone1!!!11!

Shouts: 3
Gameroom cash: $553
Raisin is nice sometimes.
Points: 417, Level: 2 Points: 417, Level: 2 Points: 417, Level: 2
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
This thread is from February. Only Phon and I have responded in 4 months. It's... kinda dead.
Old 06-02-2017   #4
Raisin
Stone1!!!11!

Shouts: 3
Gameroom cash: $553
Raisin is nice sometimes.
Points: 417, Level: 2 Points: 417, Level: 2 Points: 417, Level: 2
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
So what happened? Was it Myspace, Facebook, 6 Dollar Footlongs... What caused the interest in Rave to wane, (beyond the fact that Rave was a fad that was kool in highschool back in 1991 that grunge killed). I think that it was a lack of interest in what the kids are doing. I remember getting in MANY debates with Agent and others on this topic back in like 2001 - 2002 when Rave was already WAY dead by like 7 years, but the need for false legitimacy was bringing it to the clubs.

MY position has always been about welcoming the youth to the art. But SDR's position, and many of the SD DJ's positions have mostly been, "fuck the kids, let's put the D.J's in bars and do OUR thing." That's stupid, and it's why Rave is boring and a bunch of old people sitting in lawn chairs at Mission Bay/J Street, living in the past of non threatening and dull missions, while disk jocking other people's mp3's, (no more love for vinyl, it's too heavy for dainty arms). Hell, I'm 40 years old... the last thing I want to do is part with 10 bucks to see Jon E Thin and Infectious put down mp3's in some North Park dive bar and talk about how great it was for clubs in the 90's... LAME! Dude, that sucks out loud.

Rave is dead. It's been dead for decades. It was dead before The Loft and Sensei Dave cropped up in the mid 90's. We aren't a threat and cops don't give a shit about us these days because we FOLLOWED TEH RULEZORZ like a bunch of conformist simps. But I, and others, will ALWAYS LOVE DANCE MUSUC!!! And that has nothing to do with sellout bar gigs pretending to "bring it back." Heh.

So, in that manner, SDR, and the "scene" are not dead because it all lives on in our hearts and DNA. But come on, for all intents and purposes, we killed it ourseves. It's how things work, it's the nature of it all and of life!

Skutech and Sonia will always be the finest looking djs to come out of San Diego. Plus, they are fantastic at what they do, simplelogic forever.

FUGAZI MOTHERFUCKERS!!!