San Diego Rvrs!

Go Back   San Diego Rvrs! > Forum > General Discussion > Music Discussion
Home Forums Photos Arcade Experience Register Members List Calendar Gameroom [0]

Shoutbox

Welcome to the San Diego Rvrs forums!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free San Diego based community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! As an added benefit, this message will be removed from all pages once you have joined. Great huh?

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Bass Lab 11/08/2007 www.lawtography.com Brokenbeat @ Kadan Organic Tuesdays @ AC Lounge

Old 10-02-2009   #1
papa zero
live DnB succa.

Shouts: 0
Gameroom cash: $500
papa zero is nice sometimes.
Points: 3,150, Level: 6 Points: 3,150, Level: 6 Points: 3,150, Level: 6
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to papa zero
Arrow DEAD P.A. dnb track "Camus" now on Beatport + vid inside

Courtesy of Direct Drive Digital:
The DEAD P.A. dnb track "Camus" is now available at www.beatport.com

for a sneak peek of the track and DEAD P.A. live check the video!
(bio below)

YouTube - Camus

press release bio:

Artist - DEAD P.A.
DEAD P.A. @ Tulsa 10.16.09! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Hailing from Houston, Texas, DEAD P.A. is a touring electronic band which performs the dancefloor and club rhythms one typically associates with DJ culture. Founding members of DEAD P.A. include George "The Human Drum Machine" Blitch and Jason Walsh. During a live set Walsh provides vocals, keyboards, and the rudimentary four to the floor, breakbeat, or drum n bass elements while Blitch MCs or attacks percussion on a Roland TD-10 drum kit. Occasional collaborative perfomance duties are supplied by soulful songbird Krystal Hardwick and MC Levon Louis.

The name of the act is actually a tounge in cheek twist on the term "live p.a." - a club culture reference to similar live performing artists. DEAD P.A. kicked off their very first performance in 2003 as an opening act for a Dita Von Tease Burlesque show and has since earned a reputation for frenetic drum n breaks performances aquiring bookings across the four corners of the United States. The act has taken on everything from outdoor festivals in packed downtown Mobile, Alabama streets, massive late night Los Angeles raves, to intimate lounge settings on South Beach, Miami.

The momentum of their touring schedule was shifted when, in January of 2007, Walsh was diagnosed with an atypical meningioma brain tumor "the size of a small orange." The focus became healing from open brain surgery, 6 weeks of daily radiation treatments and chemotherapy. Even now, traces of the tumor remain.

"I had experienced impaired motor control on my left side and my doctor suggested a CT scan. I went in for the imaging and the next thing I knew they were telling me I needed to go to the emergency room. A week and a half later I had 10 hour long open brain surgery."

In spite of this setback the full length cd “The Dead Will Rise” (distributed to retail thru LOAD Media UK), a vinyl split 12" release, and a number of digital singles have been released. They also headlined the Guitar Hero 3 tent at the annual Texas music festival - SXSW, and wrapped up 2008 with the "DEAD P.A. for President Tour." Currently, DEAD P.A. is embarking on the DEADICATED TOUR scheduled through 2009 and 2010.

Old 10-02-2009   #2
red_man
Registered Abuser
! and ! Champion

Shouts: 119
Gameroom cash: $8423
Thanked 2,648 Times in 1,639 Posts
red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.red_man is the master of all that is SDR.
Points: 45,672, Level: 22 Points: 45,672, Level: 22 Points: 45,672, Level: 22
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice track! Man I hope Walsh recovers, mad respect!

Tags
dead pa, live